Thursday, June 30, 2011

How to Engage the Entire Company to Promote

I'm always looking for ways to motivate my co-workers to be involved with the promotion of our company.  Let's face it, if you can't engage your colleagues, how do you expect to excite your clients and prospects. 

One tactic I use, is emailing a "Marketing Update" once a month to the entire company.  This keeps everyone in the loop and therefore makes them automatically feel more involved.  I like to emphasize the contribution of others and how campaigns may directly affect them. 

I think it's important to introduce campaigns, briefly describe the purpose/goals of the campaign and praise individuals when they make contributions.  A marketing department is the hub of communication, so keep it open to the people who benefit the most from the success of that department, the employees.

Another tactic I use is injecting fun and excitement into every campaign.  I like to do this with funny graphics, opportunities to win prizes, and goal achieving statistics. 

Recently I've been working on a survey campaign in which as a company, we need to obtain at least 75 completes.  I decided to use a thermometer graphic like those used by non-profits to update the team each week on how we're doing.  The graphic serves as an effective way to quickly monitor progress, celebrate wins, and establish the success of a campaign to upper management.

Click here if you would like to generate a thermometer graphic for one of your own campaigns.

Creativity, innovation, and great referral sources work all around you.  I encourage you to take advantage of your available resources.  Something as simple as a "suggestions" box can work just as well for a marketer as it does for an entire company.

No comments:

Post a Comment