Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What would a blog be without an official welcome!?!

Hi everyone!  So glad you've found my blog!  I hope that my posts will be compelling enough to develop a following.  A lonely blog reminds me of the episode of "The Office" in which Ryan created a Word document for Creed to write his thoughts.  If you didn't have the pleasure of seeing that episode, click here for the clip.

I'm sure the IT department may have tried that number on me but luckily I know enough to get myself into trouble ;-)

About My Experience

I earned a Bachelor's degree in Communications with a Business minor from the University of North Florida.  That's right, I'm a Southern gal!  I completed my internship with Comcast Spotlight in their marketing department.  My days consisted of typing those super tiny disclaimers and official rules for sweepstakes.  Boring!  Good thing I had three years of data entry experience which made the process go fairly quickly.  So fast in fact that I had to work in the production department at Comcast to finish my required hours.

In the production department I found a love for commercials.  I wrote, filmed, and edited a variety of commercials for local businesses (Jacksonville based).  After completing my internship I pursued opportunities in television production.  I was a news editor for FOX, held a tech position (the guru of everything behind the scenes) with PBS and was a associate producer/props stylist with NBC Universal.  I also did some free-lance gigs including the Superbowl Special of Living It Up with Patti LaBelle.

In 2008 I moved from the sunshine state to the evergreen state.  Unfortunately, in Bellingham the jobs in television production were slim pickings.  However my education helped me to make an easy transition into marketing.  Now I work for a local insurance brokerage as a marketing coordinator.  Some of my daily functions include: updating our Social Media sites, graphic design of our marketing materials, website updates, event coordinating and of course, networking!

No comments:

Post a Comment